Ingredients for Taba ng Talangka Rice:
- 2/3 cup crab fat paste (taba ng talangka)
- 6 cups rice
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 tsp annatto (atsuete)
- sliced calamansi
Cooking Procedure for Taba ng Talangka Rice:
- Soak the annatto seeds in the hot water until the color is extracted. Strain.
- In a wok, saute garlic and crab fat in olive oil. When the mixture starts to bubble vigorously, add the annatto water. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add rice and mix until the rice grains are evenly coated with the crab fat.
- Serve with sliced calamansi and your favorite grilled seafood, pork, or chicken.