Taba ng Talangka Rice Recipe

I fist heard about Taba ng Talangka (crab fat) from a friend living in Pampanga. I know crab meat but crab fat paste, I'm quite ignorant and didn't know what dish we could cook out of it until I learned about this recipe. So next time that friend will visit the city, I'll ask her to bring me a bottle of crab fat paste so I could cook Taba ng Talangka Rice. Can't wait!

Ingredients for Taba ng Talangka Rice:

  • 2/3 cup crab fat paste (taba ng talangka)
  • 6 cups rice
  • 2 tbsp. minced garlic
  • 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/3 cup hot water
  • 2 tsp annatto (atsuete)
  • sliced calamansi
Cooking Procedure for Taba ng Talangka Rice:
  1. Soak the annatto seeds in the hot water until the color is extracted. Strain.
  2. In a wok, saute garlic and crab fat in olive oil. When the mixture starts to bubble vigorously, add the annatto water. Cook for 30 seconds.
  3. Add rice and mix until the rice grains are evenly coated with the crab fat.
  4. Serve with sliced calamansi and your favorite grilled seafood, pork, or chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment