AMPALAYA GUISADO

Ampalaya is one of my favorite veggies. If it's present in a dish, Ampalaya is the first that I usually eat. It's bitter that's why others don't like it but I love the bitterness of Ampalaya to bits. I can't remember how it became my favorite vegetable but I could remember my father grows Ampalaya in the backyard when I still a kid so we had Ampalaya almost everyday. One of the dishes that I love with this bitter gourd is Ampalaya Guisado. For the recipe of this dish, read on...

You will need:

5     cloves garlic, crushed
2     medium (100 g) onions, chopped
200 g ground pork
1     cup water
1     pouch (200 g) DEL MONTE Tomato Sauce
2     medium (300 g) ampalaya, seeds removed then cut into squares
2     stalks celery, sliced
2     tbsp salted black beans (tausi)
3     squares tokwa, cut into cubes then fried
2     eggs, beaten

Here's how:

1. Saute garlic, onions and pork.
2. Add water, DEL MONTE Tomato Sauce, ampalaya celery and tokwa.
3. Simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Add black beans and egg. Simmer once.

No comments:

Post a Comment